Midwest Chapter Membership Information
Membership is open to any individual working in or interested in health science
libraries. The Midwest Chapter/MLA is one of fourteen regional chapters affiliated with
the Medical Library Association (MLA). Membership in the Chapter and membership
in the Association are separate and one need not be a member of both, although
it is highly encouraged!
Midwest Chapter dues are $20.00 for one calendar year. Student membership is free.
Dues are payable on January 1 of each year. Dues must be received by June 1 in order to ensure voting eligibility.
- MIDLINE, the Chapter newsletter
- MIDWEST, the Chapter discussion list;
- access to current Midwest Chapter membership directory (Members only: contact membership secretary for password for membership directory)
- discounted registration fees for the annual conference
- annual meeting scholarships and awards
- continuing education opportunities
- professional leadership opportunities
- professional development opportunities
- communication and interaction with regional colleagues